Friday, September 09, 2005

helmet


helmet
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.

Everyone at my gym apparently thinks I am "special" because I come in every morning wearing a helmet. Seriously! Do these people not understand that a bike can go on the road as easily as a car can?

I bike a mile or so there and back and then I don't have to waste my time on the elliptical machine before I use the muscle machines. And I don't burn any gas.

But a man in black spandex said to me this morning, "That's a nice helmet you have there. What do you wear it for?" I made a joke about needing to be protected from myself. What I wanted to say was, "That's a very prominant package you have there. How many socks are you stuffing it with?" But I refrained.

I hate people at 5:30 am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am concerned about men with alleged large sock packages coming up to you and speaking about your brain protector. Tell him that he's concentrating on the wrong head.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you for biking to work everyday, especially at 5.30 in the morning. That is true dedication. I never ride at 5.30 in the morning if I can help it, and I usually can. And I totally agree about the helmet - I don't wear a helmet because I think I am going to fall off my bike (although it is always a distinct possibility) I wear it for the insane drivers who have an incredible way of not seeing bicyclists on the road. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

I have got to tell you about a dream I had... It is about a man at my gym. I can see out the one way windows onto the gym floor and Every morning while I am in spin class, this very prominent defense attorney stands at the mirror and tweaks his mustache. He just twirls it and twirls it, all the while checking out his body in the mirror. Now, did I mention he is about 70 years old? Any ways... I drempt one night about him being in court... NAKED... and his manly part was so large he had to drape it over his arm like a butler and his towel. It didn't seem to bother the attorney that he was naked or that he draped it over his arm. It is business as usual with him. But, I just can't look at a man in spandex the same way anymore!