Sunday, February 13, 2005

Librarian


librarian
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.
I got the job! I am a high school librarian! Exclamation points can't possibly be enough to express my joy.

So this means that I will never again have a chance to write in this blog. Full time grad student, full time library teacher, full time mom. Yep - I am busy enough...

I have been reading Nicholson Baker who wrote the best dirty book I ever read. And that is fairly unnerving to admit in public. But he also writes about libraries. (This picture is dedicated to parts of the aforementioned book as well as my own favorite place to make out as a teenager.) I was assigned to read a few articles for my cataloging class. I was a little thrown until I learned the only kinky obsession in those articles was pretty tame.

I am in the midst of reading YEAR OF WONDERS by Geraldine Brooks and am finding it to be very moving. My spouse is amazed that I am reading something plague related because every time he goes to his favorite website and tries to tell me about it I plug my ears and chant "I'm not listening to you! I'm not listening to you!"

And I went to what I imagine will be the last movie I see for awhile. A VERY LONG ENGAGEMENT *** which was quite good despite the fact that every man in the cast seemed to have an enormous mustache. I also have seen:
MILLION DOLLAR BABY*****
THE AVIATOR*****
VERA DRAKE****
and since I don't have time to review them here, I'll just say what he said.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAHHHHH!!! Congratulations... I knew you would do it! But please dont stop writing in this Blog. It is my only choice of intelligent humor that I have in my redneck town.

eirwenes said...

I hope you don't really mean that you won't update your blog! Where else can I go for a good dose of raving, blathering idiocy? We love you!