Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Where are my priorities?

I keep checking my own blog thinking, "Why is there no new news here?" Apparently, I am the only person who is going to write here so it is up to me.

Sadly, the new term has begun and I am taking two great courses and one useless, boring class. I would go into great detail here but knowing how fascinating the topic of library school is to people who have never been there I don't want to throw anyone into a frenzy of jealousy. I'll just say that if you suffer from insomnia - run out quickly and purchase the riveting best seller Wynar's Introduction to Cataloging and Classification it will solve your sleep problems immediately.

Here in New England people seem to be excited about some sort of football match. Apparently it is a big deal. I am pleased because dozens of students have informed me that they will not be at school today because they feel sick and are hoping to be affected by the restorative powers of the Patriots "rolling rally". Which is local Boston politic speak for "If we keep the players moving, it is less likely that the fans will flip cars over and start smashing into one another.

I have a big job interview today so I had better go prepare.

2 comments:

hillary said...

If you had OCD like me, you would see the beauty of cataloging...

Good luck with the interview -- just be yourself, and think of yourself as a product you're advertising.

The Library Lady said...

My reference professor in grad school was the late, much lamented Bill Katz--you're likely to have used his text book in reference class--it's the standard in the field.
We had a cataloging professor named Norman who looked like George Will and was as boring as his material. Bill used to say that there were only 3 people in the world interested in cataloging--and one of them was Norman!
Four of our staff are all going to library school now, and they are finding the same thing that I did--there are always a couple of people who are out there in the field, like cataloging and get it. The rest are totally confused, but the professor only seems to see those who get it.
Congrats on the new job. And I LOVE the librarian picture--looks just like me (NOT!)

Lisa