Thursday, June 02, 2005

forgive the child story


wilbur
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.

As we were driving [Fred] home from orchestra practice I made a hand gesture like I was honking a rubber horn. [Fred] became horrified as only a 12 year old can. "Mom that's so RUDE!" I could not for the life of me figure out what was so rude. So I did the gesture again trying to find the rudeness. But I could not. "Mom, PLEASE! People can see you!" Yet our fellow motorists managed to maneuver their vehicles around us without being struck blind with the shame.

Finally light dawned. "Just tell me what it is."

"I can't in front of [Will]-"

"Okay, so it is about b-o-o-b-i-e-s?" I spelled quickly.

"What about boobies?" yelled [Will] from the back seat.

Yes, my child who can not read and refuses to even go as far as c-a-t spells "cat" can spell boobies with no trouble. I now refer to him as the idiot savant of body parts.

And in case the suspense is killing you - it was, in fact, the boobie-squeezing-ness of the motion that was causing the distress. I am so foul its amazing I'm allowed out in polite society.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday I will have a blog, and I am so calling my second child [Harry]. Just saying.

Hey, speaking of good books, did you ever start And the Walls Came Tumbling Down, and did you like it?

I just finished Running with Scissors -- you know, a year after everybody else -- and eww. For a girl with poo issues, wow, not an easy book.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy your blog! Can you email me, I want to send you pictures of my second child [Matthew]. Real name inserted here! My computer crashed on April 15th in protest of paying my federal taxes. The side effects were no more email addresses. I forgot to mention to the computer saviour people to extract them when they extracted everything else.

BrunhildeCrow said...

mom2two - I don't know who you are so I can't send you an e-mail! You comment without an address. If you go so flickr they have a great free photo sharing page where you can post and I can check out Matthew!
Thanks for your comments and I am sorry about your anarchist computer.

Anonymous said...

Well, I was going to give you hints, but I'm too tired... It's me .. Sherry