Friday, September 15, 2006

Older than I am Young...


old lady with naughty ooooooh look
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.

Isn't this picture my evil (or less evil) 1963 twin? I am a little scared because it wouldn't take much for me to look just like her. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I am practicing this face even as I type. And I can't take credit for the flickr title. I Google-imaged "old lady" and came up with this from some now defunct blog and couldn't bear to change the name.

So the reason I am all about the old is because I was up walking at 5:30. ( I was returning library books, if you must know, and I am well aware of how insanely geeky that makes me. Walking to the library to return books at the crack 'ho' dawn. See picture above.) And while I was walking I happened to wonder what the date was. And so I lifted my watch with my tiny little date wheel to my face only to find that lo and behold, someone had replaced my convenient little date wheel with an amorphous blob! Imagine my surprise. And so I did what the newly aged have been doing since time immemorial. I lifted my glasses and held the damn thing up to my eye. I could see the date. Oh my stars, I am old.

Additional evidence is that [Wil], my 3rd grader, has a kindergarten book buddy. Yes, he is on the mature, responsible end of the book buddy spectrum. Gadzooks!

And since I mentioned my younger son, I should mention my older son. I believe I am calling him Fred, (Internet safety - ever vigilent. Or dopey.) He said the best thing to me yesterday. "Mom, you know how they say you get an extra 7 seconds of life for each time you laugh? Well, I must have gained 15 minutes today." I thought that was wonderful.

No comments: