Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Superstar


Superstar
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.

Last night my dear friend Niffer and I went to see Jesus Christ Superstar at the North Shore Music Theatre. It was really really good. The guy who played Jesus was pretty and a great singer. As was the woman who played Mary Magdeline. But the one who really surprised me was The guy who played Judas. He is the embarassingly named Delisco. I was really moved by the show. It was both better musically and darker than I thought it would be.

In the early 70's my mom listened to the soundtrack over and over. It was very cool to hear the music again and I had to laugh because I really only know the songs that were on sides one and three of the double album set. Apparently Mom wasn't a big fan of sides two and four.

No comments: