Sunday, January 16, 2005

I love you more than anything but heroin, baby...

Loved "Ray"! Loved the amazing Jamie Foxx. I thought he was tremendous in "Collateral" but I know very little about his offscreen life. I seem to remember reading something about naked pictures found in a dumpster. I don't really want to know anything unsavory about him. (But I wouldn't turn away at seeing a naked picture.) He has spectacular "sweet man tits". (This is an expression that never fails to elicit a humerous comment from my significant otter regardless of the context.) And perhaps the less said about this the better. Perhaps in this blog I will punctuate in such a way that anything naughty will be put in parentheses so that I can claim plausible deniability.
And speaking of naughty - the newest phrase I love is "freaky-naughty" which is uttered by Ben Stiller in "Dodge Ball" a film that I have allowed both my 11 and 6 year old sons to watch. Yes, I did recieve my invitation to the Bad Mothers Hall of Fame, thanks for asking. I am displayed between Sharon Osborne and Pat W. (She is the mother of my best childhood friend AnneMarie who bought us a bottle of Jack Daniels when we were in ninth grade and let me smoke in her house. She also has a place in the Moms-you-wouldn't-want-but-you-are-glad-your-friend's-mom-will-buy-for-you hall of fame. She let us go see "History of the World Part I" and "Endless Love" that same summer. And come to think of it, she told great dirty jokes.) But back to "Dodgeball", it is not on my "damn well better watch before the Oscars (tm) list" but a good watch.

I want to try to list all the movies I see this year and the books I read so thus far:
Hotel Rawanda *****
Collateral****
Maria Full of Grace****
Because of Winn Dixie****
Ray****
Fat Albert***

(my star system works like this:
***** - if you don't like this movie I will reevaluate our friendship - it was amazing
**** - I loved this movie, it moved me - it made me forget I don't live in it but you don't have to like it
*** - this movie was fun and not a waste of money
** - I would have watched it as a free rent, but I wouldn't reccommend it
* - I am so ashamed and I want my 2 hours back)

And for books:
I haven't finished ANYTHING yet! Which is shocking. I am currently reading "The Giant's House" by Elizabeth McCracken, Phillip Roth's Lindberg presidency book that I can't remember the name of, "Betsy and Joe" and "Rhymes with Witches" - a free YA book I got at ALA. As well as a bunch of blogs and Television Without Pity which I love dearly. Someday I will learn how to post a live link in my text (which I believe was the original intent of blogs) and then you can all visit it, too. Oh just go to www.televisionwithoutpity.com. Type it yourself you lazy winesack...

And now I am off to quilt pigs for Jen D-K.

No comments: