Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Virtually unchanged since 1966-


babybarby
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.
I think it is time to post a picture of myself. I look very much the same today - including the little pink drool rash on my chin. (What can I say, I am a sound sleeper...)

I was mistaken for a blonde yesterday at work. I was shocked! My co-worker's son came in and he had spray painted his hair black for a school spirit related reason that was not entirely clear to me. He said that the fumes were getting to him and opined, "They say blondes are dumb, but I think the dark haired are worse."

So I piped up, "What did you say, young man!" ready to leap to the defense of my dark haired community.

He said, "I didn't mean that blonds are dumb!" (He was quivering in his wee boots in response to my fury.)

And suddenly I erupted in girlish giggles, "Do you think I am a (hee hee) BLONDE?"

He was pretty much just looking for an exit at this point. "Um...sure?"

I explained that if nature had its way I would be dark haired. Or more accurately - slightly silvery haired. I said, "I kind of feel complimented in a very shallow way."

I think we all learned a very valuable lesson. (This is what my spouse said when I gently elbowed him in a very sensitive place in response to a teasing yet unexpected pinch on a nearly equally sensitive place.) He is wicked funny.

3 comments:

hillary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hillary said...

I love the photo! Your head looks much older than the rest of you. (I don't really know what that means.)

I'm so glad you think the kleenex box cover is the best present ever. Seriously, the person who gave it to me is insane. But not in a dangerous way, so I don't think she will hunt you down and kill me once she realizes I've given it to you.....

hillary said...

On further examination, perhaps the phrase "hunt you down and kill me" in my previous comment needs some more, how do you say, wordsmithing...