Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Shaggy pre-adolescent pop music


switchfoot
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.
These rebels are the very popular (at least at my son's middle school) band SWITCHFOOT. They ROCK, apparently. I've heard better.

It is amazing to me that my son is in middle school. He has a girlfriend with whom he eats lunch. He listens to his own music. His best friend has a zit. His feet are nearly the same size as mine (and I have huge walk-on-water feet) and he is up to my nose. He loves REM and Green Day. And his decrepit mother doesn't even know if it is Green Day or Greenday. Jour vert, if you will...

I was deep in sappy mama love today as I watched him sing along with Switchfoot's rockin' son GONE. He knows all the words and has that rock star head-bob already. He is just so beautiful I can't even believe it.

What surprises me is that he actually seem to know the words to all these songs. I am famous for (among other things) my inability to decipher song lyrics. Someday I will post about other things for which I am famous.

No comments: