Monday, January 24, 2005

Snow day


mess
Originally uploaded by brunhildecrow.
Not only are my children home - they have each invited a friend over. So there are two "teams" if you will. Joyful cries of "This is MY playdate!" and "Die, crumb!" ring through the house.

My favorite quote of the day came from the 6 year old guest. When he was offered clam chowder for lunch he said, "That would be fine thanks, I can work around the clams."

My theory is that it is easier to have 2 friends over than none. This way the spawn aren't dependent upon each other (or worse yet - me) to entertain them.

We are having hamburgers tonight - the really good ones my aunt sends from Omaha Steaks - I often wonder how she thinks we live. Well, if she were to read this blog she would surely think - "Aha, squalor!" Thank you George Foreman for you grill. And speaking of eating - in my tireless quest to post a link in every blog entry I give you the most amazing display of very unique foods.

No comments: